The Association aims to promote friendship and understanding between the peoples of Korea and the United States and to strengthen cultural, economic and other relations between the two countries. Since its founding in 1963 the Association has conducted beneficial exchanges to promote friendship and understanding between the people of the Republic of Korea and the United States. Now the R.O.K-U.S. alliance is facing new challenges due to the changes occurring in the international order.
In order to maintain and further strengthen our relationship, we need continuous effort from both Korean and American citizens. The Association has been and is constantly seeking to solidify the strong relationship betweenthe two countries.
to promote friendship and understanding between the peoples of Korea and the United States and to strengthen cultural, economic and other relations between the two countries
- Hold frequent lecture meetings, and when persons of distinction from the United States visit Korea, invite these distinguished people to such meetings and extend other appropriate hospitalities.
- Support exchanges between groups and individuals from Korea and the U.S. who are interested in becoming better acquainted with each other.
- Organize seminars, discussion groups and informal talks on subjects of mutual interest that also draw upon the knowledge and services of Korean and American experts in various fields.
- Cooperate with individuals and organizations in the United States and in Korea, which have goals that are similar to those of the Association.
- Engage in other activities as deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors.